Proficiency Program in Medical & Healthcare Informatics
"To practice medicine in the twenty-first century medical students . . . must be given strong grounding in the use of computer technology to manage information, support patient care decisions, select treatments, and develop their abilities as life-long learners". Association of American Medical Colleges, 1992.
The course has been framed with the following objectives:
- To supplement professionals and students with the concept of information management and application of information technology to medical and healthcare issues.
- To explore the medical issues related to community based health information services.
- To make the students well-equipped with this new emerging field of bioscience.
- To enable the health professionals to solve work practice challenges and employ software in health related problems, management etc.
- To provide theoretical and practical knowledge in medical informatics.
After the completion of the program the students would be eligible for the following types of jobs:
- Medical Consultants.
- IT Health Advisor.
- Healthcare Executive.
- Healthcare Manager.
- Technical Consultant.
- IT Medical Service Executive.
- Clinical Information Manager.
Any Science Graduate
Highly interested participants in final year may also apply.
The course is intended for:
- Health Professionals.
- Paramedical Sciences Professionals.
- IT Professionals.
- Health Care Planners.
- Module 1- Introduction to Medical Informatics.
- Module 2- Healthcare Organization and Management.
- Module 3- Telemedicine.
- Module 4- Hospital and Clinical Information Systems.
- Module 5- Biomedical Engineering.
The Program Participation Fee for this program is Rs. 5,500 for participants based in India / USD 500 for Overseas participants. Payment is to be made through Demand Draft in favor of Bioinformatics Institute of India. Also you can Pay the program fees through NEFT & RTGS.
Pay Fees Online
Every student has to pay Rs. 500 per module as examination fees. Examination fee for Overseas participants is USD 30 per module.
For further details and enquiries
APPLY FOR THIS COURSE