Introductory Program in Bioinformatics (6 Months)
The objective of Introductory Program in Bioinformatics - Distance Participation is to provide students having Biological / Computer Sciences / Biotechnology/Biochemistry / Medical / Agriculture / Research & Development / Pharmaceutical and Engineering background a first level expertise in Bioinformatics and its usage in the industry. It is a unique opportunity to complete the Program through Distance Participation mode while continuing regular studies at their respective colleges.
Program Duration : The program duration is 6 months.
Eligibility : The eligibility for the introductory program is 10+2.
Program Delivery Methodology
Introductory Program in Bioinformatics-Distance Participation has a unique delivery methodology. The program delivery is through regular dispatch of training kits, electronic self evaluation and lecture CD, and compulsory assignments. The program support is provided through e-mail / telephone / web portal.
BII Lecture CDs
Program Delivery Procedure
- Download participation form and prospectus from Institute website www.bii.in
- Submission of complete Participation Form and necessary Participation Fee in form of DD drawn in favour of "Bioinformatics Institute of India" payable at Delhi/New Delhi to the Institute. In case of downloaded form add Rs 100 for application processing.
- Submission of Compulsory Assignment, and Examination Form to BII
- Appearance and Program Completion
- Support Material and Compulsory Assignment is dispatched to the participant. Dispatch is made within 10 days after receiving the Participation Form and Program Fee.
- Evaluation of Submissions
- Announcement for across the country examination.
- Module I- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Module II- Biostatistics
- Module III- Biological Databases & their Management
- Module IV- Computational Biology
- Module V- Bioinformatics Software
Program Completion Details
In order to complete this program the participants have to
- Submit Examination Form and Fee as mentioned in program fee section.
- Submit Compulsory Assignments to the Institute.
- Appear in the final exams.
- A participant has to complete the program within a maximum period of three years from the year of joining. Candidates securing 50 % marks and above in any particular paper will be exempted from appearing for that paper in subsequent years. Pass percentage is 50%. In case the participant is not able to complete the program in the first year itself then the earlier registration will stand cancelled and he has to reregister him/herself again in each paper within a stipulated period.
The Program Participation Fee for this program is Rs 5500 (for participants based in India) / USD 500 ( for overseas participants ). Payment is to be made through Demand Draft / At Par Cheque in favor of Bioinformatics Institute of India payable at Delhi / New Delhi Wire Transfer facility for overseas participants is available, for detail contact at email@example.com . In addition an examination fee of Rs 500 / USD 30 per module is applicable.
Download the Examination Form
How To Join
Download the program prospectus and participation form from Institute portal www.bii.in. Submit the participation form along with the program fee to the institute office at Noida by Post or in person.
Participation Form Requirement
Participation form duly filled in all respects and signed by the candidate must be accompanied by:
- Bank Draft (In favor of "Bioinformatics Institute of India" payable at Delhi/Noida)
- 2 copies of Passport size photographs - one pasted & one pinned
BII Blog - is an open interactive knowledge platform for you. It is meant to be a platform "Of the Participants, for the Participants by BII". BII Blog will provide the following facilities:
- Knowledge interchange and exchange among the users.
- Web based resources.
- Information sharing on jobs, events etc.
- Other activities of mutual interest among the users.
So, through this Synchronous Discussions - computer mediated communication (CMC) participants are able to communicate with other participants of the Institute to share news, views, comments and opportunities in the domain area.
BII Blog is available on website. The link is http://www.biinoida.blogspot.com
All program participants are provided access to BII Blog.
For further details and enquiries
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Students for any queries
E-mail : email@example.com,